Under the direction of the Head of IT (China) the role will require the successful candidate to rotate through the China IT team to experience, fully participate, and support the following roles:
And with Dyson being a global company the opportunity to work alongside international teams is guaranteed, where daily conversations with teams located in APAC and the UK are common place, and for the right candidate there will be an opportunity for a 6-month international placement to fast-track the development of one specialist area ahead of settling into that chosen role full time.
- Report directly to the Head of IT (China), demonstrating your contribution, value, and learning on all levels as you rotate through the IT functions.
- Manage a varied and challenging workload that delivers to the very highest standards while working to very strict deadlines that will help drive the exceptional rate of growth in Greater China for Dyson.
- Play a proactive role in assisting function leads in their day-to-day roles, taking responsibility for technical delivery, business or technical analysis, customer engagement, project management and co-ordination, co-ordination of vendor resource – whatever is required of the role during the rotation.
- Support communication and cross-team working with IT teams based in Shanghai, Hong Kong, South Korea, South-East Asia,and the UK, as well as the Dyson (China) user base in the Shanghai and Beijing office, in the repair centres, and in the direct retail stores.
- Seek out and adopt improvements to ways of working across all of the IT teams.
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation, whether project management plans, analysis reports, PMO reports, or technical diagrams or guides.
- Assist in the management of IT budgets, ensuring adherence to agreed levels of spend at all times and contributing to monthly reports.
- Travel to sites across mainland China for the purposes of reconnoitering, managing solution delivery, or crisis management as necessary.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Have a very strong and proven track record of delivering work on-time and to a very high standard.
- Have experience of coordinating work and projects across diverse groups.
- An eagerness to work and function semi-autonomously while remaining an integral part of the Dyson China IT team as well as the wider Dyson Group teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong and mutually beneficial working relationships within and international business.
- Understand the importance of managing user expectations and agreeing on timely yet realistic deadlines and solutions.
- Be comfortable with some travel, working outside of core hours as necessary, working under pressure, and be someone that thrives on change.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm