Make a difference and be part of something bigger. Experience the breathtaking pace of genomic innovation through Illumina iAspire internship opportunities. During our program, you’ll learn, grow, and become a fully integrated member of the Illumina team. Join us for our iAspire Internship Program 2021, and we'll give you an experience you'll remember for a lifetime!
The Synthesis Research Intern will be required to complete a 20 weeks program from June/July to November/December. Selected candidates will be invited to submit a video interview, and top candidates will be shortlisted for an assessment event.
As an intern within Illumina’s Research and Technology Development team, you will work as part of a global multi-disciplinary research team to help create new sequencing methods. You will report directly to the Lead Scientist of the project and will play an important role in the research and development of sequencing reagents and consumables. The current internship project involves design and synthesis of small molecules and sequencing reagents for future sequencing platforms.
What You Will Do
- Perform experiments, communicate results and conclusions to aid in team decision-making
- Contribute to ongoing research projects in a fast-paced environment
- Keep detailed lab notebooks, prepare reports, updates, and summaries for managers and teams as directed
- Present experimental results and conclusions to project team and manager
- Upkeep of lab equipment, maintain laboratory supplies and good housekeeping
- Learn and have fun!
Required Skills and Abilities
- Open to current undergraduate, Masters and PhD students in Chemistry, with a focus on synthetic organic chemistry
- Experienced in synthetic organic chemistry, small molecule synthesis or polymer synthesis
- Experienced in analytical techniques such as NMR, HPLC and MS
- Organized, excellent laboratory skills
- Meticulous, attentive to details
- Able to communicate effectively with excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Analytical, efficient, problem solver, easily-adaptable, independent but also works well in a team
- Takes initiative, a self-starter, positive, and driven with a “can do” attitude.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Research and Development
- Closing Date:17th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm