The role of Analyst - Sales within the China Acceptance & Merchant Development team will support and contribute to the overall Acceptance & Merchant priorities in China.
These include: (1) Supporting relationships with key acquirers and developing tangible value and assets – elevating and deepening the overall Mastercard engagement with acquirers and acceptance stakeholders as a key customer segments (2) Expanding acceptance and development key merchants to realize the vision of a “World Beyond Cash” – growing acceptance into new and untapped categories.
(3) Supporting the diversification and transformation of the CHINA acquiring landscape – addressing and building acceptance opportunities and solutions with new enablers and partners (e.g.
CGIs, PSPs, Hardware providers, etc.).
By developing and supporting the above priorities, the individual will need to create tangible value for the key acceptance stakeholders and key merchants, address key challenges and opportunities, as well as driving incremental business, product innovation, best practices, strategic thinking and leadership.
The role holder will oversee the key acceptance & merchant initiatives as part of focused segment/channel/vertical approach. The individual will need to look at the acceptance system holistically, deal with issues and questions on the acquiring landscape, and business models and proactively identify business opportunities and solutions.
The individual will work in China with Acceptance Development teams in division and globally, country managers, account managers and product teams.
- UFacilitate and accelerate introduction of new acceptance players, business models and technologies into the CHINA acquiring landscape
- Support the management of key acquiring relationships both from a business development (e.g. acceptance growth, close domestic gap, co-brand card and value add products) and operational perspective (e.g. rules, franchise, product delivery)
- Identify product synergies/sales opportunities that support relationship development and Mastercard revenue growth (i.e. value add capabilities such as marketing, product, processing, Advisors, co-branded card, digital solution, etc.)
- Proactively identify and address acceptance barriers and pain points – develop models and frameworks in order to create new solutions (e.g. Pricing, Franchise, non-compliance, Legal, Treasury) that can help to overcome acceptance friction
- Lead ad-hoc research projects, special projects, customer resolutions
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent work experience applying sales leadership preferred
- Experience and knowledge in the payments business with exposure to acceptance, acquirer & merchant issues is preferred
- Sales strategy development, execution, and account management
- Proven track record of sales success and ability to meet sales targets
- Strong leadership, presentation, and sales skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environment and ability to effectively coordinate with peers, and ability to work in a matrix organization
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm