NI China is seeking talented, entry-level technical writers to join the R&D organization.
Technical writers at NI partner with an engineering team to develop and improve product documentation. As an NI technical writer, you write technical documentation, collaborate with content experts to develop/enhance documentation content, and work with product managers and engineers to improve the usability of documentation and products.
NI is well-known for its promote-from-within philosophy. Thus, as you advance your technical writing career, you have opportunities for many new challenges, including mentoring new technical writers, managing documentation project schedules, developing and improving processes, and serving as a customer advocate.
- Create and edit English product documentation according to company guidelines, including printed materials, electronic help, and other forms of documentation
- Send documentation through review and implement feedback
- Collaborate with content experts to learn about products
- Meet with technical communications group leaders to discuss documentation content
- Prepare information for publishing
- Evaluate industry tools and trends
- Work with project managers and engineers to improve the usability of documentation
- Troubleshoot help systems as they are integrated into products
- Research new solutions to improve existing processes
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or higher in English, Technical Communication, or other major with English writing-intensive component and/or science/technology emphasis
- Desire to succeed in a technical writing career
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills - must provide samples of excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Persistence and initiative to learn
- Strong interest in and comfort with technical subject matter
- Prior hands-on experience working with computers (hardware and/or software)
- Ability to work effectively in a group environment
- Demonstrated ability in at least one of the following areas:
- Prior work experience and/or extracurricular activities with focus on writing or editing; for example, completing an honors thesis, working as a writing tutor, or writing for a student newspaper.
- Prefer experience writing or editing content with technical subject matter.
- Familiarity with databases, HTML, and/or XML
- Coursework in mathematics and/or science
- Prefer knowledge of computer programming basics and/or completion of some computer science/programming coursework
- English Language Competency: Ability to clearly and concisely communicate in English (verbal and written) so that persons you work with can understand you clearly, particularly in technical conversation
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:15th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm